Friday 18 October 2013

LIGHTSHIP CORMORANT / LADY DIXON - Chapter 10

Still waiting for those documents from the National Archives. Today I received an estimate for the interesting item (the one with plans attached). It will cost about £36, whereas the first item (in the post I hope by now) cost me £6. I am therefore assuming that the second item contains many more pages. Can't wait, but I think 24 Oct is the earliest I can expect them.

Meanwhile Simon has not been idle. He has scraped the starboard wall (?) of the superstructure ....





... and painted it with anti-rust black ....


..... which looks much better. That large window is the kitchen window - serving as a hot-house at the moment until the units are plumbed in ....


He has also got his stove going, which makes things very cosy inside .....


and there is plenty of fuel below!!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment